Thursday 3 March 2016

So how is my flab doing?

I have been asked many times what my progress is on my "diet".

I am happy to be able to tell you that I am doing really well. I am feeling like a new person and there have been some really positive benefits from starting this new chapter in my life. Some of these benefits may surprise you and I have some theories as to why this so.

The First thing that I noticed was that my teeth stopped bleeding when I brushed them in the morning and at night. I originally put this down to visiting my dentist and buying a new tooth brush, but as I pondered this, I suppose I can put it down to my increased intake of greens. Funnily enough, My dad, who's opinion is important to me especially when it comes to all things medical (before he retired, he was a top surgeon), suggested to me that I might have been suffering a little from scurvy. When I was a kid, this would have thrilled me because I always wanted to be a Pirate.



ARRRRGGGGGHHHH

The next thing that was most apparent was the cessation of aches and pains and little muscular twinges that had begun to plague my every ascent of the staircase. These are the little annoyances that our parents and grand-parents never warned us to expect. Sometimes I think it's an unwritten conspiracy by the elder generation to let their pesky offspring discover such things themselves. So those of you who have kids should keep the conspiracy strong.

Shhhhhhhh........don't tell them a thing.

I have decided to forgive my folks for being party to this conspiracy and put the disappearance of said aches and pains down to the fact that I have been putting truck loads of spinach, kale and avocado into various smoothies on a daily basis.

Since I started this saga of mine, the question that I have been asked more than any other is

"So how much weight have you lost?"

This question is usually asked in conjunction with a hearty pat on the belly or a furtively disguised glance to my still slightly rotund midriff.

"CHUCKLE"  "CHUCKLE"



This question initially irritated me, because this whole venture was not supposed to be all about weight loss, more about me finally coming to the realisation that I needed to eat much better.

The source of my slight irritation came from my belief that today's society is obsessed with what the media tells us is the perfect body image, and I am no fan of the popular media. I believe that newspapers are a dead medium that are trying to hang on to their self worth by their grubby fingernails.

I'm less annoyed now, though, and even if I am not too worried about my weight yet, I am happy to tell you that since November I have lost 18lbs of Flab. (for those of you who measure things in KG, there is a conversion chart below. (you might need to click on it and zoom in) or you could google it.

whatevs.........




LEMON ZINGER MONSTER

Ingredients

  • 2 carrots
  • 2 apples
  • 1 inch slice of lemon – where possible, wax free and with the rind on
  • ¼ inch of fresh ginger
  • 2 ice cubes


No comments:

Post a Comment