Wednesday 30 December 2015

How was it for you?

So, we've all run the Christmas gauntlet.

The distractions and temptations were immense, but we managed to come out the other side with our integrity still intact, and we are still in control of our waistlines.



On a personal note, I managed to come out the other side of the festivities without putting on too much weight.

I REALLY should have, because I was sure that my intake of unrighteous things was on a biblical level. I felt like I had stuffed myself so full of chocolates and cake, however, after I checked with some friends and family, I actually wasn't too greedy, and I managed to only gain a pound or two.


Perhaps my body has actually taught itself what it is like when it gets used to taking in less nutrients.

I hope that the same thing happened for you.

Now all that we need to is get through the new year.

I have a question..........I'm not the first person to ask this, but why is it that all the things that we like are bad for us? Its one of life's little jokes.

Why is alcohol fattening?

Why do chocolate and cake contain so many calories?

If I were cynical, I would suspect that Christmas and New-Year's Eve was invented by diet companies so that they could sign up millions of guilt-ridden fatties during their annual, January marketing drive.

Don't fall into their trap. I have tried those diets. I will tell you again THEY DON'T WORK.



Please don't fall for their glossy, glamorous adverts on the Television. The food that you cook will look NOTHING like it does in the ads. The Actors that they use in those ads have NEVER been fat.

The other Adverts that we are bombarded by are the holiday adverts.

The annual vacation is another time of year that we are all told to be really thin and healthy, it's sickening.

The only thing is, I am getting to the point where I can't wait to get away for a week or so, and if I'm honest, I don't really care what I look like on a sun-lounger on the beach. Ironically, I will probably look better at the sea-side next year, than I have in the last 25 years, and the reason for this is this change of lifestyle on which I have embarked.

My plans for the summer of 2016 involve going back to my favourite place in Spain. A little old fishing town in the South which is called Nerja.


I first went there in my early life,
when all I was interested in was throwing a ball about. 


Then I went there in my teens, when all I was interested in was looking sharp and meeting girls.



Then I went there in my twenties, when all I was interested in was drinking and meeting girls.



Then I went there in my thirties, when all I was interested in was eating good food. And meeting Girls



I will now be going there in my forties, all I'm interested in is relaxing. At least, it doesn't matter what I look like when I'm doing that!



I am hoping that you all have a fantastic new Year and I will speak to you in January.

TTFN

IJx

New Year's Fruity Monster

2 cups milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 tablespoons ice cream

1 cup frozen apple juice concentrate
1 cup strawberry
2 tablespoons pineapple
12 teaspoon protein powder
12 teaspoon flax seed oil


No comments:

Post a Comment