Friday 11 December 2015

How Do You Keep it inspiring?

I feel that I should repeat Some of The questions that I asked before I made my first smoothies.
"How do I keep myself interested in this diet?"
"Can there be much variety in mushed up fruit and veg?"
You see, my main problem was that I have never liked fruit very much. Many different fruits have a  taste  that I have never been able to take

Sourness.




I Hate sour things.
Every time I have been to the confectionery aisle at the supermarket in the last few years, I have seen Sour candies and "sweets".
I just don't understand how people can get pleasure out of  them.
Animals rarely eat sour things as nature usually dictates that if a fruit is sour, its not ready to be eaten. Fruit is there to entice animals in need of energy rich food so that a plant can spread it's seeds and most animals like sweet sugary things.
It's not natural to like sour things.

My problem has always been that I have a heightened sensitivity for sourness. So much so, that as I was growing up, my family would sit down for Strawberries and cream in the summertime and they would all be amazed at how sweet the strawberries were. I would then try one and I hated them. I'd  suck my cheeks in so much that I'd look like I was trying to turn my face inside-out
I have also never really been keen on some vegetables. Things like Spinach have always been a bit too slimy once they have been steamed. I have also  often found greens to be a little bit plain and boring.

Don't get me wrong. I ate vegetables regularly. Maybe not the recommended 5-a-day, but regularly enough that I didn't have scurvy or rickets

So you may not be surprised to find out that I was worried that I was going to become uninspired fairly quickly. Where would I get that light bulb eureka moment from.
  
I think its wise for me to say that I never considered myself particularly unhealthy.......or particularly healthy for that matter.

Just average

I wasn't expecting to have an epiphany. I wasn't expecting to radically change my life on the run-up to Christmas this year, and I cant tell you the exact moment when the light bulb moment happened to me. I don't think that I am an "epiphany" type of person.

My introduction to the great big world of smoothies came to me courtesy of a certain fast food outlet that is not well known for its nutritional goodness.
All of these drinks were very sweet and sickly.

Now, I don't dislike sweet the same as I dislike sour. Quite the opposite. I love Sweet.....You could say that I have a sweet tooth, a sweet tongue, a sweet throat and a sweet nose.

I was getting sick of my belt being out on the last hole and catching my belly on the desk when sitting down at work.
I am not gargantuan. they're never going to take off the front of my house just to get me outside.
I like to say things like.......

I'm not fat, I'm Festively plump

The one thing that I don't have, however, is a sweet ass.

That is where the research started.

I quickly discovered that there is a myriad of fantastic flavours and tastes, and millions of combinations.
I never thought about putting spices into smoothies. Most of which are incredibly good for your heart, your circulation, your insomnia, and can even help with Cancer, certain types of diabetes and can even help with your brain chemistry.

Chief among these wondrous ingredients are Root Ginger, cinnamon, mint, cayenne pepper, Garlic and black pepper. I have even used Garam-masala in some of my spicy creations or, as I will call them, Bollywood specials.

So in closing, I guess there is a whole world of tastes that can go into a truly MONSTER smoothie.

TTFN
IJ

Today's offering

17 The red and Green Monster

This all-veggie Blast is a delicious option for those looking to avoid high-glycemic fruits; it's optimal for weight loss and the colourful ingredients are high in beta carotene, great for your eyes and bones and and known for their cancer-fighting properties. Plus a hint of heat with the cayenne


Ingredients


1 Cup Spinach
1   Tomato
1 Medium Carrot
¼ Cup Parsley
½ Small Beet
½ Stalk Celery
To Max Line Water

A pinch of cayenne pepper







1 comment: