Tuesday 1 December 2015

Go and have a bath........Hippie!

I am aware that by writing a blog about blending vegetables and fruit into delicious and nutritious mush, I am leaving myself open to hoots of derision from meat eaters everywhere, all wondering if I have gone all new-age and joining the unwashed masses, living in a tree and pooping in a farmer's field, then communing in an old school bus that has been painted every colour of the rainbow. I can tell you now that I will never go "full moonchild"
GROOOVY BABY!




I write this in response to a comment left on my last blog asking me whether bacon will ever appear in any of my recipes.


"Can I Get some Ketchup with that?"


That's a tough one to answer, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say that I doubt it.

Let me explain to you the concept and theory behind this whole thing.

THIS IS NOT A DIET

I am not doing this purely to lose weight, more to decrease the amount of toxins that I take into my body. My body is a temple (that's why I leave my boots on the outside)



I hope that the weight loss will come as a result of this life-style choice of mine 

I have already promised you that I am not going to get preachy with you, but there is a very good reason why I started this, so it will involve me posting the occasional link to websites that have already done all the research for me.
I am essentially a very lazy person, so I like to stand on the shoulders of people who work hard and take all the credit.
(its only fair so that all the hours they have spent researching will be for nought)

There is very strong evidence that the food that we are sold is full of chemicals, drugs and hormones. These things have to be added BY LAW, by the meat farmers and producers. These additives have been found to be carcinogens and can do other damage to your cardiac system  and can even effect longevity.

These things are only really cool when they blow up or make spooky smoke stuff


I really want to not become worm food or have my ashes used to de-ice a frozen drive-way any time soon. In fact, I want to avoid that for as long as I can...... There are far too many people in the world who I am yet to insult.... so I have taken the decision to reduce the amount of these additives that we all consume on a daily basis, without even being aware of it.
Here is a link that you might find informative


I am not saying that I am going to stop eating meat, I like it far too much to completely cut it out of my life. Although I intend to buy into the whole "organic" meat thing and then simply eat less of it.

I am NOT anti-vegetarian either.



I would like to strike a happy medium, as there is so much evidence that a diet that is high in plant-based food is better for you.

My blog for this day is now drawing to a close, but I would like to tell you that I have been forced to take the day off work today due to a bad back. I wonder if I could make a smoothie that would mend it.

I really cannot be bothered to make a complicated smoothie today so here is what I am having

2x bananas
baby spinach About 70%
Fill with coconut milk
1/2 cup Porridge oats
A bit of honey
2 tsp each of wheatgrass powder and chia seeds

Speak to you soon....Ix
l


No comments:

Post a Comment