Tuesday 19 July 2016

"Corporations?" They said. "Its just a smoothie"

I was asked the other day,

"Why do I bother to make my own smoothies every day, when you can just buy the ready made ones?"

Its a fair question......

It does, however, stir up newly developed social bile in the pits of my guts.

I am going through something of a rediscovery of the angry young man that I used to be, only now that angry young man, doesn't have tight abs and NEVER gets laid.

So just an angry, grumpy young(ish) man, then. I have found myself being distrustful of corporations.

Take, for example a very successful huge company, let's say that they produce cellular phones, computer tablets, mp3 players and computers..... I'm sure You Know who I mean.... This company started its existence as a quirky producer of home computers and they had a nobility in their ethos. They would never turn into a corporate behemoth. They would "keep it REAL" unlike their main competitor from further up the coast.

Cut to 30 or so years later, and their design department came up with a revolution in design and that little company became the type of global juggernaut that they had always despised.

A similar thing has happened to certain smoothie companies, who, when they started trading were hailed as the saviour of all mums who wanted their kids to have a drink that was better for their health than the sugary sodas that come in a can.

Unfortunately, this company may have turned out to be something of a false prophet, although they might redeem themselves a little by producing superfood smoothies.

My distrust comes from experience when it comes to corporations. You can NEVER trust their blurb when they come up with a "ground-breaking" product.

The only way to be sure that I am putting honest things into my body, is to make the smoothies fresh.

EVERY DAY

MMM...fresh fruit


TTFN

IX

No comments:

Post a Comment