Wednesday 6 April 2016

We're all going on a..................Diet

So.........who's booked their summer getaway?



I have...all I need to do now is pay for it. 

That is not the only dilemma that I am facing, however. Do I continue to lose weight gradually or do I go for it by living the next two months of my life making fat burning smoothies?  

When it gets down to it, I think it is fair to say that all of us mid-life smoothie monsters are all past our prime, and we are unlikely to try running after members of the opposite sex like we did back in our youth, but shouldn't we try and look our best? 

Shouldn't we at least make an effort to make the very best of our time on the beach?




I am well aware of the fact that the prospect of catching a glimpse of me spreading factor 80 over my massive expanse of pasty, white skin would cause ambivalence in even the most charitable mind, happy to be on holiday, but feeling slightly bilious  by the sight of a slightly  tubby, middle aged English-man with greying hair, rubbing oil onto himself.


NICE







Plus there is the danger of some bleeding heart do-gooders trying to drag me back into sea because they had mistaken me for a beached whale. Or, more realistically, if I have some unfortunate issue with beach furniture.


So I need to make a decision

Here are some of the smoothies I can try

1. Apple Pecan Pie Smoothie

Apple pecan pie smoothie
Ok so the first thing that you think of when you see apple pecan pie is certainly not a healthy, fat burning smoothie. This recipe is delicious and dresses up pretty, too. To make it you will need:
• An apple with the skin left on
¼ unsalted pecans
• 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
• 3 to 4 ice cubes
• 1 tablespoons vanilla protein powder
• 1 tablespoon coconut butter
• A dash of cinnamon to taste
• A dash of nutmeg
• Just a few drops of stevia liquid or another sweetener to taste
Just blend everything together and enjoy.

2. Berry Good Smoothie

Berry good smoothie
This smoothie is packed with berries and whey protein which will help to burn fat. All you have to do is toss the ingredients in your blender and process for just a few seconds. The recipe makes two servings so enjoy one with someone you love. You will need:
• 2 cups strawberries – You can use fresh but using frozen berries will help to eliminate the need for ice
• 1 cup blueberries
• 1 cup cherries
• 1 cup milk
• 1 ounce whey protein
 WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS?

2 comments:

  1. I love the pecan pie smoothie, I'll be trying that one. Load up on spices Ian, it'll rise your metabolism. If you cut out your dairy the lard will drop off, you know you want to ;)

    ReplyDelete